28 Mar 2011

What Can I Say?

I search to find which words to say
to cloak ideas that I have found
and wish to share without delay,
for in my mind the dreams abound.

They fill my head and whirl around,
they laugh at me, and come what may,
I search to find which words to say
to cloak ideas that I have found.

And so I struggle every day
until my temples start to pound
as thoughts entrap me with their sound
and tantalise in every way...
I search to find which words to say
to cloak ideas that I have found.

One Stop Poetry is ecouraging us to explore the Rondel poetic form, so here is my somewhat lighthearted offering!
And Rondel is the topic here as well, at Inside My Poem Book
I've also linked to The Poetry Pantry - sort of buy two get one free?
 

13 comments:

  1. It's tough, this writin' poetry, innit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one, it's tough but somehow has to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I hope your head stops pouding soon and the the ideas flow effortlessly. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This form is good isn't it? I like that you have made it work without feeling the need to plumb the depths of raw emotion - shows its versatility - and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect iambic tetrameter, perfect form and and a true explication of poetic thought. Excellent!!
    Gay

    ReplyDelete
  6. you nailed the form jinksy - excellent rondel - perfect tetrameter- iambic all down and it flows just like butter in the summer sun... very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and clear, with uncomplicated rhythm, it all works well in the rondel form to emphasize and repeat the refrain and the message to us. So the aspirin must have helped. ;_)

    ReplyDelete
  8. True to form jinksy! Liked the simple clear line of thought here too, felt like a dream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great writing as usual! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool rondell! The sentiment of your words fit the poem form well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pen,
    The rhythm of your poem so compliments the subject. I picture the words darting in and out of hiding, trading places in a dance of ideas. Great description! So true.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well written. I have not studied poetry since fifth grade so do not remember iambic and so forth. I just write out of love for the art. Your flow was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job. One of these days I'll have to attempt that form.

    ReplyDelete